When you have a day off (for some people it is usually the weekend, for myself and Boyfriend it is a random day) you could make something different for breakfast. I quite often make crepes. They are a healthy version with oats and wholemeal flour and they are yummy. They are also good for brunch or lunch. When we’ve got friends staying over it’s always a winner.
1/2 glass of plain flour
1/2 glass of wholemeal flour
2/3 glass of ready oats
glass of milk
1 spoon of olive oil
1/2 of lemon
1. Mix flour and ready oats in a bowl with olive oil, milk and eggs. If the mixture seems too thick, add some more milk. I never add sugar but you can if you want to. The batter can’t be too thick or too watery, it has to be somewhere in between.
2. In the meantime warm frying pan. It’s better if it is a non sticky frying pan or heavy one, and remember, it has to be hot when you start.
3. When the pan is hot and your batter smooth and creamy, using the ladle pour some onto the pan, tilt the pan in a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly, leave until it sets, flip it and put it onto a plate on the side.
4. Repeat till you use all the crepes mixture.
5. Pre-warm plates in the oven, roll pancakes and arrange them on the plates, season with a bit of lemon juice and plenty of maple syrup. Serve with any fruit you’ve got and a bit of Greek yoghurt. This one tastes dreamy with strawberries, blueberries and bananas. You can sprinkle some cinnamon on top for a bit of a spicy flavour.