Some people might call it pure laziness. Some could call it procrastinating. I would call it hibernating. That’s what I’ve been doing recently. No activities whatsoever.
To do it well you have to be determined. You mind have to be set. It’s not like anyone could just easily do it, you know.
What do you need to do it well? A few essentials:
- Cosy blanket.
- Easy to make and warming dish.
In my hibernation faze I mostly roast. Not much effort, maximum satisfaction.
Roasted Chickpeas and Veggies
- Use any veggies you have or like – florets of cauliflower or broccoli, diced sweet potato or butternut squash, chopped kale, etc. Put them on the roasting pan with cooked chickpeas (or rinsed and drained tinned ones). Pour olive oil and mix well. Sprinkle with salt and mild chilli powder. Roast in the pre-heated oven (180C) for abut 20-30 minutes.
- Dress it with the splash of lemon or lime and a drizzle of tahini, add any roasted nuts you like. Keep on hibernating.
Now films. There are a few I have seen recently which I really enjoyed.
- ‘Inherent Voice’. Really atmospheric but weird film based in the 70s, directed by Anderson, packed with good actors. Cinematography by Robert Elswit – amazing.
- ‘The Gambler’. I have real anger issues, so I like watching Mark Walberg, as quite often I’m being called a female version of him.
- ‘Big Eyes’. ‘It was good living in the 50s if you were a man’. Exactly….I can watch anything done by Tim Barton.
- ‘Magic in the Moonlight’. Not as good as some of Woody Allen’s films, but anything by Woody Allen is on a certain level which some people never reach, so there.
I could go on, as there was a lot of hibernating in my part in the last two weeks. But let’s leave it here for now. See you next week.