I don’t really believe in comfort food, maybe because I don’t have this weird relationship with food that some people do. I don’t eat to comfort myself, because something happened which made me feel uncomfortable, etc. I eat because I like cooking and I freaking love food. Though sometimes you eat something which makes you feel warm and dreamy. I definitely feel like that after eating this lasagna…
Fresh lasagna sheets ( if you are adventurous you can make it from scratch but unless you are dating Jamie Oliver who you’d want to impress, it’s probably not worth the bother)
200- 300 grams of spinach
200 grams of ricotta cheese
2-3 spoons of nutmeg
tomatoes (chopped tinned ones are just fine)
hard cheese, grated (cheddar is ok)
1. Saute spinach in olive oil.
2. Mix it with ricotta, nutmeg and salt.
3. Warm up the olive oil, add tomatoes, stir and cook until excess liquid evaporates. Season, add some basil at the end.
4. Layer spinach and cheese mixture in a buttered lasagna ovenproof dish, then the pasta sheets. Repeat till you run out of spinach and ricotta mixture. Layer the top with a pasta sheet. On top of that spread your tomato sauce and sprinkle grated cheese.
5. Bake in the oven ( 180 c) till cheese starts getting golden.