In one of my favourite tv shows one of the characters, who’s a musician, starts working in a restaurant and he says that working in a restaurant is like having a back stage pass – you have access everywhere.
Well, it’s not only that when it comes to food. Cooking is the most rock and roll thing ever. And so sexy too, take the aubergines for example…shiny, smooth, tasty. You can turn a simple thing into something amazing…
2 spoons of olive oil
tin of chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper
1. Boil water with a pinch of salt. At the same time heat olive oil in a 2nd pot.
2. Wash red pepper, de-seed it and chop. Add to a pot with olive oil, cover and simmer.
3. Add mushrooms. Wash courgettes and chop them into small squares.
4. Add to a pot with pepper, cover.
5. When the water in the first pot is boiling add linguine. Stir.
6. Add chopped tomatoes to pepper and courgettes.
7. Cook pasta till tender and stir vegetables until pepper and courgettes are soft, and tomato sauce thickens.
8. Add 4 tablespoons of black olives (more or less, it depends if you love olives)
9. Add salt and pepper and chopped basil to the sauce.
10. Drain pasta.
11. Arrange pasta on pre-warmed plates, add sauce, crumble some feta cheese on top.