If you don’t have a lot of time to cook but you still want to eat something fresh and home made, there is a solution. It is called pasta. I have a few life savers which are quick, easy and mouth watering, you only need about 10 – 15 minutes to make them.
One of them is green pasta. It’s not green because it’s so ecological, but because you put green stuff into it. Or maybe it is ecological if you think about how quickly it is made and how little energy you use to cook it.
Quick green pasta
Spaghetti, tagliatelle or linguine
handful of pine nuts
2-3 spoons of olive oil
This is the quickest and yummiest pasta dish ever.
1. Boil water with a pinch of salt.
2. Wash and dry courgettes. Using a peeler, peel long ribbons out of them.
3. Hit the oil in a pan, add courgettes, fry gently on a low heat.
4. On the frying pan roast pine nuts.
5. When courgettes start getting tender, add roasted pine nuts and 50 grams of pesto (half a jar, or if you are feeling posh and cordon blue, make your own pesto mixing basil, pine nuts, olive oil and parmesan into a blender)
6. Drain pasta, add to your courgettes.
7. Mix together, serve with shaves of parmesan (and white wine). Mmmmm….wine!