Never underestimate perfectly nice vegetables like cauliflower. I know they look ridiculous, like a cross between a flower and an atomic mushroom cloud and they don’t smell very appealing, but you can always work with that. You can disguise it and turn it into a croquette. My sister makes them, I make them, Boyfriend loves them, even Fred the Dog is totally impressed with them. Try it!
parsley, chives or basil
1. Cook cauliflower
2. When it’s cooked and soft, mash it or put it into a blender. It doesn’t have to be smooth, small lumps are fine. Wait until it’s cool.
3. Add eggs, salt and pepper and chopped herbs ( if you don’t have fresh parsley, chives or basil, it’s still going to taste nice, don’t worry).
4. Add breadcrumbs, usually half a glass or cup should be fine, but you might need to add some more, you will know when you mix it with your hands all together. It needs to be not to liquidy, not to dry, just sticky and firm enough to form croquettes.
5. Warm oil on the frying pan. Form croquettes (it helps if you wet your hands and then form it, as it might be quite sticky).
6. Fry croquettes on both sides, serve with any salad. Perfect for a starter, lunch or whenever you fancy. Has to be eaten freshly made.